Friday, July 25, 2008

Like probably gazillions of expats before me, I am doing a surprise trip to India this weekend. Cliché though it may sound, it is indeed a bit exciting and something to look forward too. My folks dont know yet, except for my brother who I've informed and is flying in the same weekend ( No silly sentiments of a family get-together, just to ensure that my parents are at home!). Plan to call them up just before my connection flight inside India and ask them what's cooking for lunch!

And yahoo!!, hopefully I'll be catching up all the summer I missed in D'land (actually the last couple of days haven't been too bad, someone's been reading my posts!). Before you get the 'you lucky bastard!' going, let me tell you, I'm gone for only a week or so! But yeah, it was a sudden decision , made on Wed morning and after a few miracles later (not least of which is a boss who granted me leave from his vacation island, boy, you gotta love those Blackberry thingies!!), I am all set. Doing Emirates for the first time, without the obligatory long stop in Dubai (I think I figured out how to avoid the long lay-over, let me confirm things before I post it!!). Just gonna hang out, no visits or trips this time. C'mon scrat, it's time get that nut roasted!!

0 comments: