Thursday, February 14, 2008

Westward ho...

Did I tell you I have a job, a good one at that, er, I think! I still havent joined the place you see. Completing formalities ( believe me there's a tonne here in Deutschland, but I guess it makes me a better man, sigh, how we fool ourselves!). A coupla days ago, after a dinner at a friend's place, I stayed up most of the night, so that I can get to the Foreign Office early enough in the morning to get my temp visa till I get my work permit.

After a couple of months of just lazing around, I finally get to the act of moving from Berlin to Duisburg ( where my job is). Any German friend I have spoken to wrinkles his/her nose about the move. Well ( here) one doesn't move to Duisburg because "due to the awesome beauty and rich culture" of the place, to quote duisburgbunny. I'm going there because I have a job I like and I( keep telling myself that I) still am a stickler for people and not places.

Still Berlin's a place you cannot not miss. Especially there's Berlinale happening these days and there are around three cinemas within walking distance of my place. Not that I have seen any movie yet. I have had my fair share of standing in queues though. Even yesterday I was at Internationale for Happy-Go-Lucky queuing up without any luck. I did my good deed for the day when I helped an American lady behind me get tickets to movies she wanted to check out and directed her to Cubix at Alexanderplatz. Need I say that she got all the movies she wanted. Proud moment of the day was when she said 'you seem to know German'. I guess she misunderstood my groans and grunts at having missed the tickets!

Well ensuring that things I propose get implemented was what I wanted ( man, that is so tough after an MBA, all I was fit for was an advisory role) and I guess like N keeps saying, I got the best one. So, scrat, stop moping and hold on to that nut!

0 comments: